I love this refreshing appetizer with any spicy dish. They are a delightful and unexpected addition to Chinese, Indian, or Japanese cuisine.
- 2 juicing oranges
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or Drambuie
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut the top off the orange, about ¼ inch from the top. Cut the bottom off the orange, about ¼ inch from the bottom. Save bottom and top.
- Cut the orange in half horizontally. Using a grapefruit knife or a serrated blade, cut around the flesh of one of the halves.
- Remove the fruit, being careful to leave the peel intact. Repeat for the other half.
- Cut the fruit into quarters for each half. Place the quarters back into the peel.
- Dowse 1 tablespoon of liquor over each half. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.