A friend of mine shared this wonderful dish at brunch several years ago and I fell in love with the flavour combination. The recipe is simple to make, tasty beyond belief, and just different enough to create talk around the table. Thanks again, Alberto. Salud!
- 6 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic fig vinegar (if fig unavailable, use a good balsamic)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cold water and eggs in a small pot, uncovered. Turn stovetop to high and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, turn stovetop off, and cover for 10 minutes. Drain and place the eggs in an ice bath. The cold water will arrest cooking and make the yolk bright yellow, not gray.
- Continue to peel eggs and place on a paper towel to dry. Leave 4 eggs whole and cut the other 2 in half. Place 1½ eggs in each bowl. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the eggs. Sprinkle cinnamon over the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.