Brussels sprouts are in season right now. Bring a stalk home today! They are nutritious, easy to prepare, and taste great. The lime juice adds a bit of zest and the bacon adds nice smokiness to any Autumn meal.
- 3 slices of thick sliced bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprout leaves, small sprouts can be halved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a heated pan. When oil starts to shimmer, add chives and saute for 30 seconds. Add bacon to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and coat in oil. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Continue cooking sprouts for another 3 or 4 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.